Thursday, July 21, 2011

From Elder Jordan

Dear family of bloomerbumkins,
                What a week it has been,  I always recieve such joy in reading your letters and listening to you grow.  I am so happy to have a family here on earth.  When we teach investigators the first thing we teach is that God is our loving Heavenly Father,  and the second is that his love is so great that he has blessed us with families here on the earth.  This week has been so good we have found 4 people that are excited to learn more about what we have taught them.  It has been a little bit difficult for the last couple weeks to knock doors because the Copa America or The Cup of America is going on right now which means all of south america are playing each other in soccer.  And soccer is Ginormous here let me tell you there is absolutly no one in the streets when Chile is playing.  The other night when they were playing Chile made a goal at the end of the game and you could here the whole city roar.  It was pretty impresive.   Also the other day when I was in the bathroom I was just sitting there and then I started to feel wobely and I looked up and the shower curtian rings were swaying back and forth as well.  We had a small earthquake.  It was the weirdest feeling ever.  No worries everything is perfectly fine. 
  Oh another cultural note we had fish eggs the other day at first the texture was supper strange like grains of sand but after 3 or 4 they started to become super scrumptious so the next thing I know I find myself at the Feria buying 1/4 kilo we took them home and boiled them and the taste grate in a sandwich with mustard.  You will see the beautiful photos below.
    Dad my first sunday in Chile I remember I just sat there trying to look smart.  Oh man was that hard.  But know sometime it makes me feel weird that I know every thing that they are saying.  Spanish is such a beautiful language and I hope I can visit the spanish branch often when I get back home.
   The other night we were in a lesson with an investigator named Diego.  I was explaining to him the importance of baptism.  After 5 minutes of talking to him I realized I had just said everything to him in Spanish.  I know that Heavenly Father is always helping us in everything even if it is the smallest of small that we may deem too un important for him to be pre occupied.  
  In this lesson with Diego I also realized that I learn so much in teaching, perhaps more than he was learning.  And Eden I know you are right it is the simplicity of the gosple that is important.
I love you guys to infinity and beyond,
Elder...

Los Fotos
Two of my favorite families in my las ward
Hey look we have a toilet in our bedroom this is litterally at the edge of our beds,  good for emergiencies in the middle of the night
Fish eggs mmmmm
And yes I still can do the shmoozer or what ever you call it.










No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.