Monday, December 28, 2009

A Merry Little Christmas

It has been such a fun and relaxing weekend.  Somehow we eliminated most of the stresses of the holiday and yet when Marg asked me what we cut out to do that I couldn't really put my finger on it.  Maybe it was an attitude more than anything else, maybe a little more organization, maybe having a few days here and there to focus on thinking through things while the twins were at school, I'm not sure.  But I do know that for the first time in as long as I can remember we did almost everything that I wanted to do during the season and I was done wrapping gifts at 6:00 PM on Christmas Eve.  I still ended up staying awake until 3:00 writing "stocking letters" to my family, but there was no stress or pressure, just a bit of weariness.  I even begged my children not to stay up for the traditional "all night kids party in the playroom" and they reluctantly listened and most were down by 1:00AM.

It was fun to get together as extended family the next morning for Emma's baptism and visiting at Nash's and we are looking forward to an extended family racquetball night at Ben and Renee's on Monday night.  I'm happily anticipating this next week of having my children home and no homework to check and also looking forward to celebrating the New Year.

Our Gingerbread House in Progress the Monday night before Christmas

"All I Want For Christmas is My Two Front Teeth"
(Lily top photo--Sophie bottom)

 

The Girls on Christmas Morning

Family Time
The updated teen room (they'd fit right in in the Phillipines...color, color, COLOR!)







No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.