Wednesday, December 15, 2010

From Jordan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jordan Bloomquist
Date: Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Dear Crazy family in the USA,
       Life sounds like it is going right along, your Christmas
concert sounds like it was a heap of delight.  Has all the snow melted
there?  We had a Christmas activity on thursday and I guess I didn´t
sunscreen up good enough because I got burnt real bad so no my
forehead is pealing off and probably one day I am going to wake up and
my forehead will just be gone.  Anyway the activity was really fun we
did some relays with water baloons had some pretty intence tug of war
and then had some futbol tournaments my team won three of the games.
What can I say I guess I was just born to be an athlete,  I´m not
trying to brag or anything but it is just so hard when... YOUR the
BEST.  After that we went to a church nearby and had a delious lunch.
= People don´t eat dinner ear they eat a big lunch and then a small
snack called once for dinner, and no I have not eaten anything
discusting yet but I will let you know when I do.
   After Lunch we had an incredible devotional by President Laycock,
like always.  I recently found out that he used to be a lawyer and not
a small time one, he has had some big cases.  So he is very good at
speaking and persuading.
  At the end of the evening we all got together and watched It´s a
wonderful life it meant alot more this time seeing it, I just noticed
a lot of small neat things.
  Anyway that was that.  This week we have been working hard to find
new investigators,  when ever we contact people they always fall
through with the following appointments so it is frusterating.  We do
have to people or I should say they have become good friends, that
have baptismal dates Fabiola and Alan both set for the 26th of
December the day after Christmas, so that will be fun.  But the had
those dates set before I even got here so I didn´t really have
anything to do with those but we still visit them often to keep them
excited for their baptisms.
    Random fact when ever we teach lessons or go into members houses I
show them pictures of my family and when they get to the picture of
you, mom sitting on the bench with me at the provo temple they have
every time asked me if you were either my sister or my girlfriend, and
then they flip out and think that I am lying when I say that it is my
mother, one lady didn´t believe me for a long time and thought I was
lying.   They all ask what you eat, and say you are so beautiful and
young, so I am pretty proud.
     So on Saturday Elder Lyman and I got a call to give talks on
Sunday for 15 minutes each, needless to say my life was shortend about
ten years.  I talked about Christmas and the Greatest Gifts that God
has given us The Holy Ghost and his son Jesus Christ.
To answer the rest of your questions I have not had anything thrown at
me,  there are many dogs here but I have only been afraid for my life
twice and those dogs were both behind bars so everything is good for
the most part the dogs are pretty small.
About the pictures (last week) the one of the back yard is at my
house and the other is in another sector, we don´t have bikes in our
sector we were just borrowing the bikes, but good eye dad, good eye.
I havn´t taken very many pictures because I feel like a tourist when
ever I do but I will try to get better at doing that.  These pictures
are of my pention I will get much more to you next week of my area and
stuff but for now, I love you, God speed and keep up the good work.
Elder Jordan Bloomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.