Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I Am In Chile!


Dear Family,
 I would like to start out with a cool fact.  ¡I am in Chile ahora!  and I love every bit of it.  I don´t know where to start.  The first day my companion was really sick so we had to stay inside all day and I just studied all day so not to fun.  Our Pention is small and not to cozy but I like it like that because we are motivated to get out and work as fast as we can ha ha.  To take a warm shower here you have to turn on the gas heater ,califont, outside and the water is turned on outside as well so that is pretty fun.  Insted of knocking on doors here we stand at the gate and say ALO or tap on the gate with a peso.  Everyone here has gates and on top of every gate is metal spikes, or if it is a cement wall they have shards of glass and or barbed wire.  I feel pretty safe at night when I lock our gate with spikes and then lock the three deadbolts on our door. 
   The people here are magnificently wonderful but they don´t speak spanish, they speak Chilean which has some of the same words but none of the same sound.  Everyday I learn more though and I am loving it.  My companions name is Elder Lyman and he is the district leader so on Saturday we went to a different sector so he could do some baptismal interviews , the pictures are when we were in that area,  We went to the house of one little girl that was going to get an interview but it was more like a shack kind of like what josh and Becky camped in while there house was being build except they have dirt floors and they have been living there for 11 years now.  We have a couple investigators right now but the biggest problem here is less actives so we go visit them and try to get them regenerated.  They speak so fast and sometimes it is frustrating because most of the time I cant understand what they are saying so I look to my companion he will say the same exact thing in spanish and I will understand him.  But I am working hard to get things down.  It is summer here right now and everyone is singing Christmas songs and have Christmas lights up so it is confusing my little brain that I gots me self inside my head.   Couldn´t be more happy unless all of you guys were here too,  we will have to go on vacation here someday.  
I love you all 
Elder Bloomquist
P.S. 
My address is 
Elder Bloomquist
Chile Santiago East Mission
Pedro de Valdivia 1423
Providencia
29 Santiago 29
Chile
P.P.S.  Just a side note it takes two to three weeks for mail here and a helpful hint if you send a box or letter or anything,  tape a picture of the virgin mary on the seems and no one will touch it,  the will drill through the side before they cut up a picture of her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.