Friday, March 11, 2011

From Jordan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jordan Bloomquist
Date: Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 2:56 PM


My Dear friends and Family, implying that as family you are my truest friends,
    Life as a chilean is wonderful and the life of a missionary is something I wish that everyone could experience.  Lucky I have the privalege to be both.  This change I get my carnet which is my chilean identification so I will officially be a chilean, I already am but I will just be more.  This week was a good one we are still on the constant chase of finding new investigators,  the hard part is keeping them but we have some hope for a couple that we have been teaching for sometime.  
    Jonathan was so excited to recieve a messege from you,  he actually talked to the stake president a couple nights ago to get his mission papers started.  He is a good kid.    AndrĂ©s recived the holy ghost yestreday and recived the priesthood,  he couldn´t be here the week before because of his work he has been traveling to Brazil and Venesuela with a construction crew.  
   This week I had fun with a dog, normally dogs are running around in their packs keeping to themselves but this time Elder Riding and I were walking down a street, Elder Riding is the companion of Elder Grillone, we were on Exchanges, and a female dog came up to me calmly but stopped an inch from me, it looked me and then made a dive at my calf... Im guessing it just wanted to play tag... with its TEETH it got me with its gums but I was to sly and slick for it to get a nice jucey bite.  It did get my heart pumping though which was actually a blessing because I had been really tierd that day but after the incident had a second wind and went full out with double the strength. 
   Something I have learned from my studies this week,  I have been reading in the new testement and I came to the part about Jesus raising Lazerus from the dead.   First of all I thought it was intersting that when Jesus heard that lazerus was sick he stayed where he was at for two days knowing that lazerus was going to die.  After two days he left for the city where Lazerus lived when he arrived Lazerus had been dead for 4 days,  something interesting about that is that back in the day they people believed that the spirit left the body after 4 days,  the part I like the best though is that when Jesus got there Martha was Crying or weeping because her brother was dead in John Chapter 11 verse 35 it says Jesus wept,  for a little while I was curious, why would Jesus be crying, he already knew that he was going to be able to raise Lazerus from the dead so why did he not just tell her everything would be alright. Then I thought perhaps sometimes it is better comfort just to morn with those who morn and comfort those who stand in need of comfort.  
I also had another idea in 2 nephi 2 25 it says Adam fell that man might be and men are that they might have JOY,  Chirst was perfect, never made a mistake, obviously,  but he was crying with martha which made me think that to have true gozo, felizidad y paz.  Doesn´t mean to just always have a smile,  life is difficult and everyone passes through malos momentos so to have true gozo in our lives maybe means more to have a knowledge and an understanding of the atonement a true understanding that we can know how to put it to work in our lives.

Lily and Sophie 
Happy Birthday
Words of the week 
Gozo= Joy
Felicidad= Happiness
Paz= Peace
Malos momentos= bad times

Abe I found a scripture that may help you because you are now out number by girls who I know get crazy sometimes If that happens you know where to go.  Proverbs 21:19  

I love you all like you were my own family...wait a minute you are my own family, SAWEEEET

Elder Bloomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.