Tuesday, March 22, 2011

From Jordan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jordan Bloomquist
Date: Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 3:56 PM


My dear family,
  YOU´RE ALL CRAZY, and I love it because I have a few marbles missing out of the old nogon as well.  
  Thank you so much for all your love and your letters that alone is the best birthday present one can recieve.  
As for the earthquake it happen while we were in the middle of a prayer at one of our investigators houses, Christian, the one that speaks Hebrew, but I only knew it happened because his wife gasped.  I didn´t feel anything, neither did my companion, but when we left and went to our next appointment the asked us if we had felt it.   It was probably bigger in other parts of Chile but Chile is a big country.  When Japan got hit with their tsunami we had earthquake warnings all along the border of Chile and some towns next to the coast evacuated everyone.  Everything is ok with us though and we are still working strong.  Well that is... this last week I got hit by something I have no Idea what,  I was out for 3 days vomiting up a storm but now I am back to 100 percent so all is well.  Fabiola took good care of us as well.  She called us every night to see how I was doing, she brought Elder Lyman lunch, and then today she lecutured me telling me not to get sick anymore.  She is kind of like our second mom and one of our best friends here on the mission.
  Lily the only holiday on your list that they do not celebrate here is St. Patricks Day all the others yes but they have different names.  Valintines Day is Called   Dia de Amor,    Christmas is Called  La Navidad   and Easter is called Pascua.   I am so glad that you and Sophie had a wonderful birthday it sounded like it was really fun.  The word EAT in spanish is Comer and RABBIT in Spanish is Coejo.
Lily and Sophie listen carfully, you are no longer allowed to beat up or attack Abe........unless you want to and then it is OK.   
  Today we have an appointment with a Jevova´s Wittness that we contacted on the street,  he and his family were very nice but we will have to be carefull not to get into any battles, that can be easy sometimes but it never ends out well.  
   I had an interesting spiritual experience this week.  Knowing two languages sometimes helps you understand one language much better.  The word SIN in spanish means WITHOUT but the word SIN in english means to do something bad but then I thought in away it means to be without.  To be with out the presence of the spirit, to be without true happieness, or Joy or comfort or peace.  Then I thought how wonderful the Atonement is to be At one with our Father in Heaven once again.  To be  RE united with the spirit and all of the feelings related to that.   
 2nd Christmas is coming "General Conference" I am so excited. 
I love you guys so much keep doing whats right.

Con todo el Amor en el mundo,
Elder Bloomquist

The pictures are of Elder Lyman and I making bread this week with Alvaro, one of our investigators.







No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.