Tuesday, August 21, 2012

From Elder Jordan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elder Jordan
Date: Mon, Aug 20, 2012

Dear Mama, Papa, y mis hermanitos,

Today we received changes. Me and my companion are staying here in this ward together and we are overly content. This means that this is my last ward, and I know the time will just fly by because that is what happend last change. I am so excited we have a lot of work to do. Just reciently we had a sector slam which is where all the missionaries from this zone came and worked in our sector for a couple of hours. We got a bunch of references.

This past week we had our ward conference acompanied with some ward activities. On monday we had a Family Home Evening, we watched a movie and ate popcorn. Very inspireing movie and very true to the mission. Called the "Errand of Angels"

On friday we had a Talent night, I sang and played the guitar but from lack of practice I only remember two full songs. Maybe you all could make a list of songs that you like that I could learn when I get back.

The cool thing about the activities is that many of our investigators went to them and not only that but they invited their friends as well. One of our investigators, the one I told you about last time whos daughter brought her to church voluteered to come clean the church on Saturday........Um members don´t even volunteer to do that, this lady is as golden as they get.

This week for my studies I have been reading in the book of mormon for my studies in the war chapters. I have found out there are so many lessons that you can pull out of the battles and preparations and wars. We can apply it all to right know, because even though we are not fighting a battle with swords and shields, it is very much a battle of morals and standards. I was reading in Alma 50 about how Moroni was building up walls and pickets and ditches around the cities to prepare them for war. It says that he never stopped making preparations. I believe that the home is the same way. To protect it from the mighty attacks of satan we have to continually be making preparations to fortify the spiritual barkades in the same houses in which we abide, or little by little satan will chip away at the walls and destroy everything inside.

I love the book of mormon I know it is a book of God.

I love you sooo so so much.

Elder Bloomquist




No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.