Monday, August 13, 2012

From Elder Jordan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elder Jordan
Date: Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Dear Family,
     This week has been so wonderful, like all others.  We had 3 investigators in the chaple and 162 was the assistence, which for here is outrageous.  I gave a baby blessing as well.  One of the recient converts Cristian Montecinos asked me to do it, I accepted but was so nervous, all the way untill I got up on to the stand and instantly my mind was calmed and words feeled my mind of what I needed to say.  It was a testimony builder for me.  I think one of the happiest feelings one can have is to teach someone in their house about the gosple and to see them in church on sunday.  I wouldn´t trade that feeling for a million donuts from Krispy Kreame.  
  A couple of nights ago we were walking back to our house saludando a todos, and we met a guy from Russia that was speaking to me in English and Spanish both fluently.  He had just come from the states in BYU  helping with some transalating from Arabic to English, come to find out he is fluent in 12 different languages.  It was a weird feeling there talking to him, you could tell that he had a gift and he was a humble guy, he wasn´t bragging about it I had to pry it out of him that he knew 12 languages but it was cool speaking to someone with so much in side there brain.  I think that has been one of my many favorite things being out here is just getting to know new people everyday.
  Yesterday we had a sector slam, and me and my companion left with a joven of 13 years.  He reminded me of Abe,  we had a good time and were laughing the whole time.  Me and my companion were getting him cyked to go on a mission.  I think he got pretty pumped.  
  Well I, my fellow bloomers,  I love you so much.  
Love Elder ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.