Friday, December 19, 2008

Redirected

I have been doing the CRAZY Christmas rush thing, since the day after Thanksgiving. This week it has gotten out of hand. I have been burning the candle at both ends, spending endless hours researching on google, driving, and chasing overactive twins all through the stores of town and by yesterday my home and my mind were both about to self implode from neglect. I came rushing in at 6:30 last night, on the verge of a nervous breakdown, to pick up Abe for Pack meeting and was met with a Jordan initiated intervention; my home was spotless. It was the sweetest gift of the season so far. Where before I had been dreading caroling with scouts in 17 degree weather, I now joined Abe and his friends at a senior citizen apartment complex with a repentant heart and was met at their doors by 12 lonely and appreciative people. Yesterday evening, as I read this years addition to our story advent, I was unprepared for the emotions that I felt and I finished weeping, redirected to the true spirit of Christmas. I am often stubborn and slow to remember. I am grateful for a family who isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.