Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Safety First

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elder Jordan
Date: Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Hey yall bloomers,

Sounds like life is pumpin up over their, getting warm and all that jazz.  I have been in a random country for half a year now and it feels like it just got up and ran away faster than the cookie monster if he had 23 eyes and 48 mouths and 72 arms.  We are working hard here and hopefully next week Matias will be baptised the son of a menos activo family that we were able to reactivate.  I am excited for him I hope he is as excited as I am.  He is such a cool kid, but I think sometimes he doesn´t realize the step he is making.

Yesterday it rained hard and for a long time 6 hours at the least it started getting dark at 5 and all the appointments that we had fell through.  It made me smile and think,  any regular 20 year old on a weekend would be inside warm watching a movie with a girl.  What a weird kid I am but what the regular kid would never guess is that I was smiling the whole time because I am beginning to figure out this whole gosple thing it is to have happiness but what is happiness following the guidelines of our father in heaven any other way is faking happiness.

This week when we got home we built a fire in our back yard in a fire pit of course, safety first. Because my companion has never roasted marshmallows. LAME. ha ha ha. jk I love him he is such a great example to me.  The part that I noticed was that we had a log and we had paper but none of the little in between stuff.  We used lots of paper, safety first, but still it would not start.  I got frustrated and we so happen to have a flame thrower in our house so I went to town on the log with that, safety first of coarse.  But still the rebeliant log refused to light.  I related this to the scriptures and relating them to us in our lives.  We have a bunch of flames, and we are this log. We can read the scriptures all we want but they do nothing for us if we do not put into action the principles they teach.  I am still struggling with that but am slowly getting better.  Dad thanks for your poem I will definitively find a way to aply it even if the world ends first.  I hope all are having a wonderful week.

Love you muchisimo 
Jordan


(Before Bathroom Remodel)

(After Bathroom Remodel)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.