Tuesday, July 31, 2012

From Elder Jordan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elder Jordan
Date: Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Querido Bloomanitas,
  This week has been great, we got a new ward mission leader assistant, and we have been planning some good activities that will bring the missionary to work in our ward.   Although they are great at befriending those that we bring to church.  I can´t remember if I told you last week but we have been working with less actives and help a family and an older lady return to church and the members were right by their side every step of the way making feel apart of the family.
  So this week we had interviews with president, once again it was nothing like President Laycock like the same quality just different brand I enjoyed it alot getting to know him, and while my companion was being interviewed by President, presidents wife Hermana Wright did a interview, get to know you out in the foyer.  She reminds me a bunch of you mom.  Their son has come to Chile for two weeks and came to play footbol with us today then he is going back to the states to finish up his Senior year of high school, I am starting to feel old.  Seeing Taylors baby kinda threw time out the window for me.  The last time I talked to him he was single up at school and now he is a papa.  Pure nuts is what it is.
   Last night we ran into a guy that seemed pretty smart he knew a lot about science and social systems and many other things, but he said that he didn´t not believe in god but he didn´t have a belief in god either.  He tryed explaining the reasons and the logic, but in the end,  I was confused.  I have learned to love so much that the church and the gosple is simple there is nothing complicated about it.  It doesn´t need to be explained by brilliant minds or high end scholars.  You can know it is true by a still small voice.
  Cultural note futbol and pingpong are huge here, I love futbol and hope we can play some when I get back and I have been practicing my ping pong skills because there are ping pong tables everywhere in the parks.  And we bought paddles to play on our break.  Super fun.   
I love you all bunches and bunches of muchness
Elder ...

me and my companion on peruvian independance day
my sector from a tall building
playing soccer
My greatest talent ¨the clover tounge

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.