Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sister Mikayla: Last Missionary Letter Home

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mikayla
Date: Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Well hey yawl,

Sounds like yer weeks has bin real good. We was havin lots of fun this week with the sister trainer leaders. They was goin to the different sisters round in Calarada and doin exchanges 3 times ever week.
Okay sorry I can't do it.

Anyway...
It is hunting season now, and apparently Meeker and Craig are the Elk Hunting Captials of the US so Meeker is slowly doubling in population. A member offered to cook us some bear and lion if they catch any so that should be... different. I sort of want to try some just so I can say I did.

Sister Encarnacion (she and sister Bennet are the sister trainer leaders for west colorado now) came down and we did exchanges with her and sister Bennet on Friday. It was really awesome! They are on fire and are awesome missionaries, Sister Bennet pulls over and talks to anyone, nomatter if they are far away, getting in their car, whatever. We are trying to get better at that, President wants us to talk to everyone we see nomatter what, so yesterday I told myself that I was just going to have to get over myself and do it all the time. We were parked on the side of the road about to leave, when this old guy with a grey pony tail walked by with his dog. I grabbed a Mormon.org card, turned off the car, popped out and by that time he was a ways down the street- but I was determined not to rationalize and just go to our next apointment so I ran down the street and yelled after him, "excuse me! excuse me!" he turned around and gave me a weird look, I caught my breath, told him my name and asked him If we could stop by some time and share a message about Jesus Christ, he said no thank you so I asked him if we could do any thing to help him in anyway. He stood there for a second and said, "well actually ya, I have been looking for someone to help me move all the Junk out of my attik" I gave him our number and told him to call us, he said he would and then he said he remembered me from the 4th of July when we were helping serve the town breakfast and we started talking about the Meeker sheepdog event and some other stuff and he seemed to really loosen up. Conclusion: If you want people to take you seriously, serve them first!
  
 I think we will only be in our tripanionship for 3 more weeks, President called our members and said they would only have 2 missionaries next transfer. I will be really sad to leave sister baker and sister Pearson, but whatever happens will be for the best, I have learned so much about loving and being bold and talking about the gospel naturally with investigators, I love them so much! they are such amazing sisters! Its crazy how close you can get to people when you are talking about the gospel.

Sorry sometimes my sorries aren't so inspirational, but I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Do missionary work, missionaries teach people, members keep them solid

Luv yawl,
Sister Bloomers

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.