Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Angel Maid

Mikayla is reading "To Kill a Mockingbird" for school and enjoying it immensly, but last week she came home feeling very perplexed, and informed me that Jem does not call Scout "Angel Maid", he calls her "Angel May".

Of course we were raised watching that movie, but in my adult life, I have also read the book. How both Mom and I missed that, I can't imagine, but Mikayla has grown up thinking she was named after "Miss Jean Louise", and all this time the name has been wrong! I told her she's stuck with the wrong name, and it doesn't change the source, but I think her identity has been a little shaken. At any rate, she is turning into more of a young lady every day and Angel Maid, without the sarcasm, suits her.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.