Thursday, October 9, 2008

Divine Intervention

As a Stake, we have been planning our Y.W. Standards Night for quite a while now, but last Wednesday, our main speaker fell through and our Y.W. President's father ended up in the hospital with bone cancer. She called me, crying, from his hospital room, not knowing what to do. I had the prompting to call a lady from our ward, who I felt had some things to share that would resonate with the young women. Her husband is working out of state for two months and she is trying to juggle everything here on her own, so I knew a week's preparation would be a stress, but she humbly agreed to help us out. Yesterday morning (Standards Night was that evening) she called me. She had lost her voice, and with much effort she could barely squeak out her dilemma. She had called her twin sister, who lives in another area, and she was willing to come read Terri's talk, with Terri standing by her side. Sister Fisher (the Stake YW President) approved that as a standby, but I knew it wouldn't carry the same power. Sister Fisher and I prayed for her all day and at 6:30P.M. she showed up with her twin, and still no voice, and President Walker (Counselor over YW in the stake Presidency) and his son Laren (High Councilor over YW) gave her a very sweet blessing. She stood in that meeting and bore a powerful testimony of our worth as daughters of divinity and when I went to thank her after the meeting her voice was gone again.

I know our Father in Heaven listens to our pleadings. He knows the yearnings of our hearts and he blesses us in our righteous desires. And though Lily and Sophie play "Meetings" much more than they play "House", this calling has increased my testimony tenfold and continues to bless the lives of my family in countless ways.

I love you all,
Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.