Tuesday, October 14, 2008

HUMOR -- THE BEST MEDICINE

I received a phone call this morning from a solicitor. I had to say hello twice, so I was waiting for a computer to come on and then I was going to hang up. It wasn't a computer, but a very uneducated telemarketer reading a badly written script for a carpet cleaning service. I am on the no-call list, so when telemarketers do call I'm not very patient, but this one sounded like he had "special needs" and was offering to clean ALL the rooms in my house, including my laundry room and garage, if I had carpet in there. I kept thinking that this sounded like the message left on our cell phone when we were trying to rent the farmhouse, but I didn't recognize the voice, so I politely told the poor man that we had just cleaned our carpets--which we have. The salesman, then said, "Okay, what about paint?" and all of a sudden it dawned on me that it was Ben, and the reason the script was badly written was because he hadn't thought anyone would be that gullible and he was grasping for lines. It has been over an hour now and I am still laughing. I love you Ben, and your quirky sense of humor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.