Monday, February 14, 2011

From Jordan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jordan Bloomquist
Date: Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 1:25 PM


Mi Querida familia,
                      How goes the work,  QUACK  How goes the work QUACK,  sorry for some reason that book came into my head and so   with my random skillful techniques I typed it on here with my own two hands.  How are yall doing, it sounds like you had a great experience with Jets baptism.  He looks like he is a great kid and I am glad he had a lot of support.  We have a baptism with a 18 year old joven named Andrês he is such an awesome kid.  He already comes to church each week with his cousins, we just need to teach him the lessons.  Last night we went over to his house and taught him lesson 2 and 3 with a cool story that Elder Lyman and I drew and cut out, it was intended for littler kids but we used it on him.  It incompassed the plan of salvation with the 5 principles of the gospel.  We also taught him about the word of wisdom and the ten comandments.  Andrês always wears dimond cross earings but when we talked about the word of wisdom we included what president Hinkley said about men wearing earings he took them out but I could tell it was hard for him because he was rubbing his ears for the rest of the night.  I know he just wants to do what is right and that is why he is choosing to get baptised. 

So this week also another thing happend that was kind of interesting.  We were teaching one of our other investigators about the word of wisdom but before that we were just helping him clean up his house a little bit.  One of his windows were open so .... I looked out the window and what did I see, a big marijana plant right before my eyes.  We taught him about the word of wisdom and he didnt have any problems and said he would follow it so we are just crossing our fingers that the plant belonged to someone else that perhaps lived in his house, because it was pretty much in their back yard.  He is also a good guy with a great family so I always am excited to teach him.

On Wednesday I went on exchanges with Elder Mooney in pirque, and for lunch we went to this mansion up in the mountains that had a pool a tennis court a basketball quart and a futball feild they had a maid that served us delious lazagna perhaps a little too much and then for dessert they brought out three 60 dollar cakes and a bucket of Ice cream.  It felt just a little bit strange I felt like I couldnt move or I would reck something.

Ok so about the camera I am not exactly how much a new camera in the states costs but judging from everything else prices are pretty similar.  Also I dont know how safe it would be sending a camera in the mail so this is just my thinking but if you could put how ever much you think a camera would cost there in the US in my account that would be great and I will just pick one up one one of my P days.  Thank you mucho.

Have a grand week love you all 
ELDER BLOOMSQUEAKS 

 ps that is what Fabiola always calls me because at first she could never pronounce my name right and now it is just habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.