Monday, February 21, 2011

Jordan's Letter

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jordan Bloomquist
Date: Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 12:40 PM
Subject: WOOT WOOT


Hey Yall,
        First of all Lily and Sophie I know its your birthday on the 9th  and I am sending a letter but it looks like It is going to arrive a little bit late judging by Edens letter just got there, so please forgive me.  Eden ha ha ha I just had to laugh when mom said you had an accident with the sugar cookies, don´t worry Bengamin Franklin didn´t discover electricity by reading the instructions on how to fly a kite.  Really I am just thinking that he thought it would be really FUN to fly a kite in a thunder storm,  come to think of it I bet he was a yellow.  Go team yellow.  Sophie you asked who am I teaching today,  well at 6:30 we have an appointment with Juan and Maria and their family.  They are less active, which means they havn´t been going to church for a while.  So we are going to visit them and help them get excited about going.  Church starts at 10:00 but on average no one gets up untill 11:30 they always feel bad for us when we say we get up at 7:30.  
    A cultural experience that I had this week was ... playing ¨baby¨ and making sopaipillas.   Ok so first of all baby is soccer but it is played on concrete, the size of  a basketball court it is super fun, almost everyone plays it here.  The second thing, making sopaipillas are like scones but they have pumkin in them so they are yellowish and instead of eating them with jam or powder sugar we eat them with mustard, salsa, ketchup, or ají which is a hot sauce.  Mother you asked about completos and yes I have tried them they are delishious at first it didn´t sound good to me with gaugamolie or palta as they call it here, as well as mayo and tomatos.  
   A spiritual experience I had this week, nothing huge or grand but another small reminder that Heavenly Father loves me.  So this week was changes and I have been in this sector with my companion for 12 weeks, and on average that is the longest that  companions are usually together.  We are having so much success in this area right now and I was afraid that if we changed things would not work out the same.  Heavenly Father has a plan for everything and everyone, I know that, but I asked and prayed if it would be alright that Elder Lyman and I stay in this sector for one more change.  Last night we got a call from the assistants to the president that we were both to stay in the sector for one more change.  Heavenly Father loves us mucho.      
     Something that made me happy this week we were able to baptise Andrés, it has been difficult trying to teach him because  he has had to travel to Brasil during the week so we only could teach him on Saturday nights but yesterday he had a beautiful baptisim and almost all the ward was there.  
I´m sorry my time is almost up but I just want to say that I love you super much.
P.S. mom I tried to take money out of my account but it wouldn´t let me perhaps I have forgoten the pin or maybe the bank has something to do with it Elder Lyman said he had to talk to his bank to relese his card to chile to get money out could you see possibly what I need to do, thank you so much for everything,
P.P.S 
The pictures are of Andrés and his family and also us making sopaipillas.
 I love yall
Elder Bloomquist







No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.