Tuesday, April 24, 2012

From Jordan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elder Jordan
Date: Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Dear Family,
   This week has been super cool I have been learning a lot about me and others.  My new companion and I are very different, and it has been a good experience working together so that we are able to teach in unity.  My companion is very smart and I have learned many different things from him.  On Sunday Ayline was baptised, we have been working with her for awhile, Elder Palmer and I started teaching her together and Elder Keil and I finished the lessons.  She is such a special girl and she always reminds me of the twins when I go over there because she is 8 years old.  She is very service oriented and loves making people feel happy and welcome, I let her choose one of the bracelets you all made me and she chose the one that Eden made.  On Sunday right after she was baptised the primary got up to sing and she went up to sing with them but by the time they came to the second verce she had tears streaming down her face.  And I almost had trouble controling mine.  This spirit was very tangeble and it helped me relize that maybe we were just in a small chaple in the lower part of south america but one of the most important things in the world had just taken place. I have no doubt that God loves little children because they are so pure and inocent, and he is so happy when we make the disicion to follow Jesus Christ.  That is other thing that has become much more important to me here, the sacrament.  It is so cool how we can rededicate ourselves in being disciples of Christ every week through a simple act like that.  
  The weather here is starting to get much more cool, I was just thinking as well that it wont get warm for me for at least another year ahhhhh esta bien, bring it on.
 I am super excited to talk to you all on mothers day, is Mikayla going to be able to make it down,  I will get back to you with the details next week.
Les amo calete,  mas que cual quier cosa en el mundo.
Elder ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.