Tuesday, April 24, 2012

From Mikayla

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mikayla
Date: Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 11:27 PM

¡Hola mis amigos locos!

Hey this first week has gone by so slow! It's weird! So how was your guys's crazy busy weekend with prom and everything? I so want to see pictures! So much homework around here, but its okay we played hard Friday and Saturday, we went to the Truman concert (they came last semester, but we really like them and they came again so we went again.) And then on Sat we played 2 games of Fugitive (if you don't know what that is, we started at apt 13 and had to get to the park before the 3 drivers could find us and catch us.) Me Tessia and Kelsey where 3 of the only 5 that made it, but it was intense because Colbe and TJ (they are from apt 10) got pulled over right across the street from the park, Kelsey booked it and made it, but me and Tessia were too far away from the park to run without getting caught so we hid behind a tree while they were looking for us. It was fun and it reminded me of that adrenalin rush that you get when playing night games as a little kid! I haven't felt that in a while!

Work was pretty chill last week, they had to cut some hours though, which is actually good because i had no time really, now I am only working M-R 14 hours. 

Summer has hit here! I can see that it must of hit there by the pictures you took! You know you're in Idaho when it is below freezing two days before you pass out from the extreme heat.

But the sun is good, and I'm happy for it. You're all probably getting nice tans, I will have one soon- only because I fried on side of my leg on Saturday because we were out doing homework for 4 hours and soaking in the serotonin... I knew it would happen but I just couldn't help it! Don't worry guys- It looks hott... Literally. 

Our ward is all switched up and surprise! We get to go @ 8 still, I think our ward is a 4-1 guy to girl ratio now... the prospects don't look good... haha. 

There are only 5 girls in our apartment... it's so very quiet! Two of them are always gone or in their bedroom laughing about something. So it's just me, Tessia and Kelsey. So very quiet. It's peaceful at home though so it's sort of a bittersweet thing. Kelsey is going to make both beds up so she can sleep in which ever and I think I will do the same when Tessia heads to Ecuador, then we can slumber in each others rooms whenever we want too. This also means you can come visit Eden... Hint Hint. I think it would be a good experience to come before you actually come, It really helped me to adjust quickly when I actually got here!

Thanks for the message. I got it, and it was lovely. 

I didn't go sing today, I took a 4 1/2 hour nap. It was very needed and I didn't feel groggy after I woke up, I felt like it was morning and time to beat the day- instead I did the dishes and at eggs and hash-browns (yes that's right, browns, not blacks, although I has ash-toast this morning) with Tessia and took a picture and added it to our " 'we are so cool' parties" album on facebook.

This letter is altogether too long,
I will end it here.
Just kidding,
I mean here.
Love you guys,
Mikayla

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.