Sunday, November 27, 2016

30 Days of Conscientious Gratitude. Day 27: I Am Grateful for...A Messy House

"If you want something to last forever, you treat it differently. You shield it and protect it. You never abuse it. You don’t expose it to the elements. You don’t make it common or ordinary. If it ever becomes tarnished, you lovingly polish it until it gleams like new. It becomes special because you have made it so, and it grows more beautiful and precious as time goes by.” 
--F. Burton Howard
All the clutter reminds me that this weekend my house was full of visiting instead of cleaning and that it's my family that I plan on lasting forever, not my furnishings. Tomorrow, I will wake up and put things back where they belong, but in this moment, I am grateful for the mess and what it means.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.