Friday, October 15, 2010

Woot Woot

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jordan Bloomquist <jordan.bloomquist@myldsmail.net>
Date: Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 1:30 PM
Subject: woot woot
To: Rachel Bloomquist <crogys@gmail.com>


Well you crazy bunch of Bloomers,
   This week has just flown by, and I have loved every minute of it.  Elder Pew and I are trying to work as hard as we can and sometimes, ... no most of the time that can be difficult.  Yesterday we had an appointment at the TE which stands for teacher evaluation.  A volunteer will come in and we get to practice on them.  I have come to find out that it is easy to explain the gospel and get details and scriptures, the hard part is getting the investiagtor to care or how they can apply it to themselves, that is were the spirit comes in.  When we got in the room to teach this person we explained it to him but he just sat their with a blank stare on his face.  He told us to stop and for the last 5 minutes that we were there to just only speak in questions.  It was so amazing how it just helped us to understand what he was feeling and for him to open up to what we were talking about.  
  Anyway spanish is moving forward bit by bit but it help so much that many people around us are speaking and we speak it as much as we can.  During lunch time we have a rule that we can't speak any english.  It is pretty hard but is so fun and helps very much.  We also do activities call contacting which is where we walk up to random people as, if they were on the streets of Chile, and try to share a message with them about the gospel.  It is so cool I love it. 
 Every P day we get to go to the temple.  That is where I just got back from, and I have noticed that every time I come out the weather seams so perfect even if it is cloudy or rainy or sunny.  
  Oh another thing about spanish every week we have to write a 5 minute talk in spanish for sacrament meeting and have it prepared, because the branch president will get up and just choose 2 people out of the audience.  Now if that doesn't scare you I don't know what will.  I have a hard time writting in english, so you know it just make spanish that more funner!! 
I love all of you so much, keep being yourself and doing what is right,
                                   Love, Elder Jordan Bloomquist
P. S. Mom could you send me some of those pictures that you sent me on the email they wouldn't open up so I couldn't see anything.  Oh and Lily and Sophie I got your glue project it is hanging on my bulletin board above my desk.  I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.