Tuesday, August 2, 2011

From Elder Jordan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elder Jordan...
Date: Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 6:56 PM


My dear famskies,
   I have reasently added to my nicknames  Elder bomarang and Elder Bloo Bloo.  I was so delighted to hear about the family reunion what a blast.  80 degree weather also sounds spectacular I felt a little part of it on monday we went to the house of an Hermano in our ward.  He had a zipline as well we cooked Chori pan which is the most delishious thing known to man,  you will have to ask Taylor if he ever had it. 
Hey so about the whole eating smaller portions like eden suggested, great idea but I can´t,  not that I don´t want to but they serve you and expect you to eat all of it for example this last week.  Lunch started out with a salad followed by a small soup followed by a mountain of rice and two slabs of pork, followed by a big scoop of Ice Cream, followed by Hot chocolate and a nice big slice of apple pie,  I am in fat boy heaven.
  This week the rain was laughing at us and playing with our minds for example one day it was raining super hard so we decided to go back to the pention real quick to put on our rubbler boots and get our umbrellas, we were in the house for about 10 minutes and during the whole time it was raining cats and dogs but the minute that we stepped out of the house and I mean the very minute we stepped out it stopped rainning... good joke right, so I went around stomping in the puddles and not even getting wet because I had on my knee high rubber boots... ya what now rain whose the boss. 
  This week we had a sector slam which means all the missionaries in our zone, 14, go to one sector and knock doors for an hour or two.  I love doing it because I feel much more bold, I don´t know why but I do.  Anyways we found this kid named Cristian, it was late and he was studing but we told him it was something important, so he let us in and the spirit guided us the rest of the way, we taught him about prophets and the Apostacy and the restoration,  we also invited him to be baptised and gave him a book of Mormon telling him that this is on what rested the church.  It has been said many many times but in this moment I realized how true it was.  If people will just read at the least one part of the Book of Mormon, Think about it and then pray and if they recieve an answer, which they will if they really want to know everything else falls into place, everything.  I invite you all to read the introducion of the book of Mormon as a family it really helps to understand more fully what this book is.
  I love you bunches of bunches, and want to see more pictures of the family reunion.
Elder ...
The pictures are of me and my companion Elder Jofre he is in the blue and white shirt
The fruit I got all of it in the feria for less than 2.00 need I say more
The Zone playing a game where you had to get to the other side of the stand with out touching anything inside of a ten foot perimeter.  It was fun but at the same time super dificult.




No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.