Thursday, August 18, 2011

Holding My Tongue And Miracles

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jordan Bloomquist
Date: Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 5:13 PM

Alright ya crazy hoodlums,
¿How goes the work?  It is kind of weird to think that school is already starting for you guys, it seemed like you just got out.  Loco !!!!!!! But of course learning is awesome its just all how you think about it........ right??

Mikayla if you need an outlet of music and need a guitar feel free to take Rogan up to school as long as you´re careful with him which I know you will be.  It helped me relax and you will need all the money you can get up there.  I also want you to know that you have now technically received your first kiss.  Here's the story,  so the other day we went to teach some less actives.  They are an elderly married couple and have two sons of 26 years that have Autism.  We started the lesson talking to the mother, in the mean while one of the boys named Fernando started rummaging through my bag.  He found my Book of Mormon ,in which I always carry my pictures, opened it up and stared looking through them.  He flipped through them relatively fast until he got to one of your Senior fotos and stopped for a good while just staring, the out of no where, while we were in the middle of the lesson he spoke loudly saying " Permiso, Besitos"  Which is to say " Excuse me, little kisses.  And then he went at it,  I was trying not to laugh because the mother was telling us a story about her life and she had no idea what was going on because she was a little bit hard of hearing and her back was toward him.  So I´m sorry but that is the story of how you got your first kiss.

The other day I met twins that had 8 years and one of them was named Sophie, crazy right.  Right now we are living 4 missionaries in the same apartment and 3 of us are from Idaho and 2 of us are from the Treasure Valley.  Me and Elder Erickson, Brady Ericson.  He lives in Eagle and knows Jancen and Uncle Jeff and Mindy and his Older Sister is really good friends with Jennifer.  Pretty sa weet right.  He has younger sisters as well that Christina might know.  You should as her, Eden if she knows any Ericksons in Eagle.

On Saturday I had an amazing experience, I was on divisions with an older guy from our stake and we went to knock doors.  For about the First hour were were not able to converse with many people, they were not home, they didn´t want anything to do with us or they simple slammed the door.  I admit that I was feeling a little bit smashed around.  We then knocked on a house and a lady came out, we told her who we were and that we had a message.  She told us in a sort of bothered manner that she was busy, and started walking back to her house.  I could vaguely see through the fence that she was wearing gardening gloves, so I asked her if we might be able to come in and help her with what she was doing.  She stopped, turned around and said, "first of all why would I let complete strangers into my house, and second of all who are you guy, those Mormons? because I do not fall well with any of you and want nothing to do with you or your church."  She then started telling me of a time when Mormons were not nice or helpful in the time of a earthquake, she ended with so you can leave now and don´t come back.  I regret to say in this momement I had some not very nice feelings toward this lady and had some desires to tell her what was up.  But I then thought that maybe she was having a rough day and simply I said,  I am sorry but I wan´t to let you know that we are always here when ever you need help we would be more than happy to pass by.  We then parted our both ways and kept knocking 10 minutes later she came around the corner and humbley said, I´m sorry please forgive me my son said that maybe you guys were just trying to help, we are kind of busy but if you want you can come in right back.

We went back and entered into the house and were able to share with them lesson 1 about the restoration, they had many questions and were very intersted.

I imagine what would have happend if I had chosen not to hold my tounge and I know God could not have caused a miracle to take place.

What a marvolous example Christ is to me when he was beaten scourged and nailed to a cross and simply said Father forgive them for they know not what they do.   The magnificant thing is that he did not have any feelings of hatred or even a small bad feeling toward them. It was a pure feeling of love.

I love you guys have a wonderful week.
Elder Bloomquist

Fotos
Me and my companion
doing zip line
a school in TOMA



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.