Tuesday, August 23, 2011

He Is Aware

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elder Jordan

     ...Ok so this week I had another interesting experience, well actually I had many but this is one of my favorite. 
     On Tuesday we had just gotten done with lunch and left the house...  We went to the visit that we had but depresingly it fell through, we had made a good contact with them a couple days before and so I became disapointed  not having any planned meetings we went to a street close and decided to knock.  As I opened my mouth to call at the house I felt a ... instant urge to use the bathroom.  It was indeed an emergency.  We walked very quickly back to the house in which we had lunch, but they had left...We found the next closest member on the map and did a nice little jog which also ended up problematic...  After what seemed like a good billion and 3 hours we made it to the members house.  They were not there.  Right then Elder Romero remembered a menos activo that lived in the next appartements over.  We got there, and woot woot she was there...
     Ok so that part was the not so fun part. This next part is the part that matters.
     When I got out the Hermana had made dounuts and told us to sit down and eat one.  She was super busy and was hurring quickly around the house to get things done before she had to leave for work.  We asked her if we could pray with her before we left.  She hesitated and then consented.  And we asked her if she would like to offer it.  She again paused and then broke into tears.  We listend with intent as she then told us of problems that she was having with her family and in the home and that every time misionarys would pass by and ask to pray with her.  She then offered a beautiful prayer asking for help and giving thanks for those things that helped her learn. My eyes became moist as I realize that God knows every last one of his Children and will and can help them.  Sometimes that means a missionary needs to suffer to find a bathroom, but he is aware.
     I want to testify that I know God loves us and I am seeing it more and more every day...

 3 Idahoens and a Mexican   SAAAAAAAAAWEEET
Add caption
Me and Gasper

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.