Friday, August 19, 2011

The Choice To Be Happy

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elder Jordan...
Date: Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 4:51 PM

My dear family,
    Over and over I am reminded how blessed I am to have a family who is sealed together forever and that has the knowledge of the gosple of Jesus Christ in our lives.  I loved the quotes that you all sent, good words are always good motivation.  Today were changes and I am a little bit more up north where there are many humble homes.  It feels like I am in Nocedal again and so I am excited to work here.  My new companion is Elder Romero from Mexico he has been on the mission for about 4 months making me feel old here.  He is super great though, I know he will help me stay in line.
   This past week I went on divisions with Elder Johnson our zone leader and we went to the house of an investigator that they had. Elder Johnson and his companion had already taught her all of the lessons but she, being a 17 year old girl named Dominic, still was not sure if she wanted to be baptised because she didn´t want to find something out about the church that she didn´t like and then go inactive.  The other night Elder Johnson and his companion had the great idea to give her Preach My Gosple because it had almost everything in it.  When we passed by the other day she said that, that night she stayed up until 5 in the morning reading it, at one point she became tired and decided to lay down while reading but she got to a part where it says that missionaries, while studying should not lay down.  She got back up and sat in a chair in the front room for the
rest of the night until she finished it.  After she was done she said a prayer asking to know if these things were true.  She said she felt something so powerful and wonderful overcome her whole body letting her know that with no doubt these things were true.
  It was a wonderful incredible experience, once again testifying to me that God loves and knows each one of us individualy.
  These are the moments that make up the mission, that make up life, a life full of joy and happiness.  The best part about it is we have the choice to be happy.  Pretty Sa weet right.
I love you calete mas que puede imaginar
Con mucho mucho Amor
Elder ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.