Tuesday, May 1, 2012

From Elder Jordan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jordan
Date: Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Dear Fams, 

  How is everyone doing, I am so super excited to see you all next week.  I will be calling at 7 my time which I think is 5 your time, and we will try to work out the three way call, see how everything goes down.  This week was good, it rained the first good rain of the winter, and the streets turned into rivers.  In fact we were waiting at a cross walk, and were a little too close to the street, then for a little bit of fun a car appeared out of no wear and we got drenched with a wave of water.  Sometimes I think it is safer to walk with the umbrella to the side rather then over me, I tend to get less wet.  The shoes you sent me are doing wonders, thank you again for that.  On Saturday we were knocking doors and the 3rd door we came to a guy came out and we started talking, we stood there for three hours talking to him.  We gave him a book of mormon, talked to him a little bit about the plan of salvation and touched on a couple other things,  but he is like gold, his name is Segundo and he said he doesn´t want to join any religion because he doesn´t beleive in the doctrine they teach but,  he had so many questions as we talked to him.  He is very inteligent and said he was excited to read the book of mormon, and to learn more.  As we left his house a guy on the corner that was standing close asked us if we wanted a sopapilla and led us to his house where his family was having a party, we introduced ourselves as missionaries and talked a little bit, and asked if we could come back to share a message with them the were very welcoming to the idea.  I have found that many opportunities to share the gosple come in everyday life, as we are doing what the lord asks, he gives us those small little opportunities to talk about his son.  Mom I really liked the example that you had of the ocean and the sail boat, it made me think for a little bit.  Tonight we have 3 Family Home Evenings with different families.  I am excited I love this ward so much.

I love you all as well,  I always think about you and you are always in my prayers.

Love

Elder ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.