Wednesday, May 9, 2012

From Mikayla

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mikayla
Date: Sun, May 6, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Hello all,
Today we had Stake Conference, it was really good. President Packer spoke I just love him! It was broadcast from the I-center and the center was pretty filled up, there was a ton of people there. At one point in President Packer's talk he began speaking about a senator in Idaho from a long time ago that worked all of his life to try and keep the Mormon people from getting stronger, and how he had this great influence and was a powerful senator and all of this stuff and then President Packer kinda stopped the story and there was this pause and then he was like "... well... I guess... all I can say is that he's dead and the church is not" The whole BYUI center erupted into laughter, it was loud, not just a quiet conference joke laughter. I mean it was a good point that he made but really un-expected especially coming from President Packer. 

Me and Kelsey and Bailey played just dance for like an hour on Friday, it was so fun, but I was so tired afterward! So fun though! One day we should invest. 

So I saw your prom pics Eden! Gorgeous! What a beautiful gurl! 

Philosophy is such a great class by the way, It's just all about learning why you believe what you do so you don't just catch beliefs like the cold, according to your culture.

Speaking of Culture that reminds me, we learned something kinda funny the other day in Spanish, that they don't say "I forgot my keys" or "I lost my homework" or "I dropped the egg" they say "the keys forgot themselves on me" or "the homework lost its self on me" or "the eggs dropped it'self on me"  haha kinda funny to me, thats one way of absolving yourself of any responsibility!
anyway, 
ya'll enjoy the weather
Love ya,
Mikayla

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.