Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Elder B... Signing Off

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jordan
Date: Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Fam. Brawshkee, 

That is how a 3 year old girl says my name in my ward.

This is my last letter home, I will tell you about this coming week in person.

It hasn´t really hit me that I was leaving until this week. It has been a good week, sometimes at night time as we were walking back to the house people would stop us in the street to talk to us. One lady, yelled across the street from her guard station, "God loves you guys" It is always the little things that make the big difference, I think.

On Tuesday Elder Arnold, came and spoke with us. I don´t know if you remember but either last conference or the conference before he talk about how when his wife was young she had the job of making sure the cows didn´t get into the field of grain. There was a fence separating them but even so one of the cows was always sticking his head through the fence. One day she found that the cow had broken all the way through and had been eating grain for quite some time and was bloated. She went to find her dad but by the time they made it back the cow had passed away.

The cool part was that we heard it first hand from his wife.

Through two years of studying I have gained a great testimony of the individual and incredible love that our father in Heaven has for each one of us. He knows us better than we know ourselves. Sure sinning is fun, that is why everyone gives in, but it is fake, and does not last. A spark also produces an immense amount of heat, but for less than a fraction of a moment, and will not suffice to give us warmth.

I am always so inspired and motivated to hear from president or the general authorities, I am so excited for conference with all y'all. We are going to have a blast.

I love you
Elder B...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.