Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sister Mikayla: Hello All! Tuesday's P-day

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, May 14, 2013 at 1:02 PM


Dear Amazing Family!!!

Hey, sorry I am not as convinient as Jordan and my letters wont come on Monday for family home evening, but it is here all the same! The MTC is a lot different than I was expecting! I guess I always thought of it as some magical land in the clouds where knowledge flows into you and everybody is perfect =)... it's a little bit different than that haha. First of all its super hard! Its harder than I ever thought it would be! We get up in the mornings, pray personaly, get ready, pray together, go to class, pray as a companionship before studying, study alone for an hour, study together for an hour, pray to start class, study and workshop and roleplay and teach people who act like investigators (the teaching doesn't sound very intimidating but it really is.) they have little rooms upstairs as if we were meeting someone in their apartment, and have a few props to make it look like a house. Most of them are members, some of them aren't, and then they act exactly like an investigator. We had our first investigator lessons like that yesterday. (we've had lots of mini ones, and practice investigators which have been awesome too, but this one was set up more realisticly.)  Her name was Gabby, we had a lesson planned out but it was hard to get through to her.We started teaching her about the basic things about the gospel, and about the book of Mormon and Joseph smith, she checked her phone a few times, but a few times she talked about how god influenced her life. It just really made me think about what our gospel really has to offer, because she talked about how she prays, reads the bible, has church and knows about repentence so I started thinking like, why are we here if you know all about the things we are teaching you already? I think its really more than just the good feeling the gospel brings, its about reality and salvation. Anyway, I don't know if any of those thoughts made sense at all, but I just wanted to share them with you guys.

Thank you so much for the dear Elder letters! They have been fun! they are like birthday presents. Our district leader checks the mail durring dinnertime and passes them our to all of us. The food is good like you said mom =) Although I don't know why Jordan was just excited about the cerial haha... there are so many better choices! Oh well, to each his own.

Sophie! I'm so sad I left the necklace! There were so many things I was packing! but I'm glad you are going to send it to me, can you send it to my Colorodo adress? I'm leaving the MTC for Denver on Monday morning @ 3am =). They said we will be able to call at the airport, but I don't know what time it will be when we get there so I guess it depends on if I arrive in the middle of the night or not. I won't have another p-day until next tuesday, so if you need to tell me anything vitaly important make sure to do it through Dear Elder until then =)!

Dad I love you so much and miss you already! Its so great here, I guess because its so hard, I guess its like not knowing how to mountain climb and somone giving you the gear in a bag, throwing you down a mountain, telling you to grab on and shouting directions to you, ya slip and fall and bruse and grow so quickly though =) Its great, I love it! And thanks for the gum, we can't chew it anywhere else except for in the "residence" (apartment) but it is a stress reliever. I woke up in the middle of the night so worried about our investigator and what we could do to help her catch on. I'm so terrified and excited to meet with her again! I'm ready to get out and not at the same time its hard!

Hey and Happy mothers day mom! Lots of love I'm so glad that you have so many loving people to take care of you, thanks for taking care of me, you are wonderful, I'm sorry if my mothers day letter didn't come on time, I can name on one hand the times we have had 10 or 15 minutes of open time during the day, but I tried to get it out to the mailbox as soon as I could. I love you so soo much!
So Lily, I'm going to try to make a habit of answering your questions- I know how that is important =). My companion is great! Her name is Sister Collins she is awesome, she kinda looks like elizabeth (your cousin). We are with are companions all day all the time, so even though its only been a few days it feels like a month or something. You know how you have stomich aches all the time? Well she has this thing called Crohn's. So she can't eat dairy stuff or gluten or spicy foods or acidy foods (tomatos and oranges and stuff like that), or things with seeds (like strawberrys or rasberries) or things with a lot of fiber or nuts or popcorn ! Anyway, I just thought I'd tell you that she feels your pain =). I will send pictures next week because I guess we can't upload pictures from here.

Sorry this letter has grown enourmous! I don't remember all the things everyone said in their letters because I forgot to bring them, but I will remember next week! Abe I hope it doens't get to quiet for you with all the locos gone (that was a joke, you are all the locos) but with all the noise dying. Love you so much!

Eden! Where are you??? How are you? I didn't get a letter!

Okay one more quick thing. I promise its quick! Don't all pass out of boredom yet!
So on Sunday Sister Janice Kapp Perry came and spoke with us, she wrote as sisters in zion, a childs prayer, armies of helaman, love is spoken here, I belong to the church of Jesus Christ etc etc (Pretty cool,  those are some of my favorite songs). Anyway. She spoke to us and had us sing some of her songs, and sisters in zion which was amazing. Then she told us that she had writen more words to as sisters in zion and she wanted us to be the first to sing them. They were words for us as sister missionaries. As we stood there and opened up the second verse the auditorium of sisters sung out the words "We are enlisted with Helamans armies, in numbers much greater than ever before" and I could feel an emence power all around me, and could see tears glistening from all over the room. It was such an amazing experiance and such a beautiful addition to the song. If you ever get a change to, she is releasing a CD with songs about sister missionaries if you have a chance to listen to it.
I love you all a ton and a bunch!

(don't worry my letters won't all be this long, this one took 45 mins to write, and that was without reading any letters)

love you love you love you! Have an amazing week! Look out for each other! thats what you are there for!

Have an amazing week!
Sister B... (kay =)


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.