Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Hola Familia!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mikayla
Date: Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Hello all!

This week is transfer week! No worries though, me and Sister Betts are staying in Meeker. President Murdoch is transferred in now, so president Maynes isn't here anymore, which is sad but change is usually a good thing, so we will see what the future brings!

We had a good week this week, we are trying hard to get members more involved in the work, because if a member is supporting the investigator things go 110% better! I guess thats probably why the missionary broadcast was put out! So true! I wish I would have been able to see the whole thing I'm sure it was awesome!

Alexis ended up going to girls camp! That was super exciting and there were so many investigators and less actives who went and came down stronger. She still wasn't there on Sunday, but she is so close! We just found out that we are teaching all of these people who are related to her, I guess that family really needs that gospel!

I'm sorry Its sooo hot in Middleton! Its been pretty hot here too, but mostly because nobody has air conditioning

I'll pray that the heat wave stays so that you guys can have fun with swimming if you decide to buy a pool.

Jet is a funny guy, he told me that he was going to surprise you guys and told me not to tell you because he thought it would be funny =). I guess it was!

We are in Rifle right now because Hermana Encarnacion is leaving so we are spending the Pday here with her and hermana Tew. They are crazy =).

So president said not to tract on the 4th, so we are just going to help with a lot of 4th of July activities and setting up stuff for the community, we even get to judge the parade! yay! 

Also, in one of my early emails I told you guys about praying with a lady who said she was Methodist and wasn't interested in hearing about our religion, well we went back this week and she started telling us about this family that lived next door that she really loved who were Mormon and how the father gave her a book of Mormon but she lost it and needs to get another one. We were like "Hey we can help you with that!" So we gave her a book of Mormon and the audio CDs and she said she would read them! yay!

Love you all have a fantastic week! Love ya bunches!

(In response to our "Mikayla tree" photo):
p.s. don't cut the crazy hair I love it =) Also mama, I have my first white hair! We are going to be twinners! Yay! Love you!

(In response to Mys's publishing news):
Thats awesome! Tell her that I think she is amazing! Even though we never really lived very close to them I've always really admired her for her spunkinaity! Maybe someday I will follow her lead! YAYAYAY!

Sunset
'Nother Sunset
Deer
Going to Rifle to spend P-Day with the Spanish Hermanas

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.