Friday, August 23, 2013

Dear Family (including Katie)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mikayla Bloomquist
Date: Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Hello!

I bet you are all having a blast! Look we are basically all back together again! Yay! Everyone give Jordan and Katie a huge bear hug for me before you read this. Love you All! Abe sent me a picture today and It freaked me out because he looks so old! And Sophie and Lily are getting braces and Eden is going to be a senior! Wow!

Wow it really feels like its been at least 3 weeks since I last emailed you all because so much has changed! So, the training situation is a little different than they said, so I am follow up training sister Baker, and then me and sister Baker are training sister Pearson- let me say that again in mission lingo- I'm helping my red headed step child raise my granddaughter hahaha. My mission genealogy is pretty fun. My mom was raised by her step mom who's original mother died last transfer. Sister Gampe is my step-grandmother and she has only been out 7ish months and she already has a great-great grandchild.

But besides all that fun stuff this week has been amazing, sister Pearson and Sister Baker are so much fun and we have laughed so much this week, we've been doing a lot of work, and its just been an amazing time! It is possible to love people without liking them, but its more fun when you love and like your companions =). I feel like we've all been friends for a long time!

So we have a new friend living in our apartment, his name is Vern. He is the mushroom growing in our bathroom. I took a picture, but I left my camera cord at home, but it has grown in this weird shape and it kinda looks like an ear growing on the bathroom floor. We thought it was funny so we let it grow for a while, but I think sister baker will throw up if we leave it there much longer, so we will have to have a funeral for him later today. Also a spider fell out of my hair while I was blow drying it this morning... fun times. I guess they just all love me and want to be my friend and I can't blame them. Haha just kidding.

Well mother-- I love your mint and manure analogy! Even in the mission bubble you can encounter those.

Sister Betts is in Denver now, I think she jinxed herself because she said she wanted to go anywhere but there. haha, never say that, you are just asking for trouble.

Tony Collins is getting baptized this week, I don't remember how much we've told you about him (haha, I just realized I wrote "we" in that sentence, but I decided to leave it because its funny and I do that all the time now because as a missionary you are with your companion every second of your life. Anyway, he is awesome and has worked so hard to come to this point in his life and we are super excited for him!

Good news- I haven't felt like I needed alone time at all this week. This is a new experience. weird. Maybe I'm building introvert challises? It may catch up to me, but that's what pdays are for right?
Sister Pearson always quotes this commercial its super funny, you guys should look it up. Its some commercial about getting your communication right... maybe type "Hello this is the German coast guard" in google and see if it comes up.

So we've had a lot of funny experiences while we were tracting this week. We knocked on this guys door this week and I started to say Hello and he was like "oooh no- I'm a preacher. I know who you are and where you come from, so you girls just go along your merry little way." and he then shewed us away with his hands. What do you say in that situation? like "?Oh ya? Well who am I and where do I come from?" No we just said "alright thanks have a nice day!" I think there's an art to handling those awkward situations which I have not learned yet, but soon! I guess the key to most relationships is having real love and praying for the person and usually things work out even if a lot of days are awkward =).

I love you all and would love pictures of your everyday adventures this week! I don't know if you got my letter in time before you left Jordan- if not it is floating around somewhere in NJ!

We had a talk yesterday that was fun to listen to =). Random quote: "we was pickin' up hay up river and them bails was heavy." I may talk funny when I come home, sorry.

All ya'll be havin' a dern dandy week.
Bear and lion hun'in season is commin' so ya'll better gech yer tags... Thems are mean little buggers.

love ya'll
Kayla

This is our Tripanionship!!
Sister Pearson, Sister Baker and me (just in case you didn't recognize me)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.