Monday, August 5, 2013

Sister Mikayla: I'm Exhausted

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mikayla
Date: Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Hey Fam! I'm Exhausted! This week was crazy! ALEXIS IS GETTING BAPTIZED!!!! YAYAYYY! We are soo excited and its taken a long time to get to this point but she is finally there and we are super excited!

We are also teaching a guy named Tony who is getting baptized on the 24th and another girl who wants to take the lessons so that she can get baptized. We also taught two other investigators this week who accepted the invitation to be baptized but they both moved this week =(.

We are also super excited for transfers because the APs just called and asked us if we had room for another missionary in our house, they aren't allowed to tell us if a new missionary is actually coming until Friday but we are suspecting that we might be in a Trio for a while- sister Betts said she thinks she is getting transferred and that I'm going to have twins (two people to train at the same time) but I think I would pass out and die... but I guess whatever happens happens for a reason so we will just see! We are getting two new sisters in our district who are Spanish speaking this transfer and they may add a set of Spanish speaking sisters to Meeker!

The investigator that we found sleeping on the couch last week ended up moving back to Cali =( but we had some interesting lessons with him before he left! I actually think they were really good and I think when he gets back to Cali he will keep going to church, but we will keep in contact w/ him. Anyway- his family is Hispanic(you know how Hispanic culture is about food)  and one day while we were teaching him his mom brought out this big pizza and asked us if we wanted some, we were about to leave to go to our dinner appointment so we said we were fine but his mom kept telling us to have some and then Tim looked at us and said, "What would Jesus say... 'NOOO!?' " We didn't really know what to do but we made the member who was with us eat pizza and we drank the juice she offered us. Later in the lesson he told sister Betts that she was really cool and she could be the next "bishopette" and looked at me and said, "your pretty good too". Haha- I guess I just have to take those kind of compliments for what they are worth.

We have been so busy teaching Alexis and getting ready for her baptism that I can't remember half of what happened this week, but I think her being baptized is really going to help her mom progress more in the gospel!

Mom, you were talking about how numbers in missionary work are not the important thing. In the scriptures its say Christ sheep are "numbered", but not counted and that's the way I like to look at it, we are numbering his sheep, each person is a number that represents a soul of eternal worth!

Your guyses camping trip sounds like fun! I remember family camping trips to McCall and they are some of my best family memories from childhood! I loved the pictures! Good work on sawing that log Eden, I think that's how I look when I'm trying to crawl to bed at the end of the day . I miss eating fish but its hard to cook with so little time- there was one day this week where we had so many appointments that we were trying to figure out how to get them all and we were running late so Sister Betts suggested skipping dinner then we both had a good laugh and decided we would both die if we didn't stop and grab something so we did. But it looks like a beautiful spot to camp at and you all look like you had fun!

Another funny story that I just remembered. So there is this family in our ward that is super cute the Mom is this cute tiny lady who is always very put together and her 2 kids Ryan(4) and Cameron (6) always look perfect and are very reverent and don't really make any noise in sacrament meeting. Anyway so yesterday was fast Sunday and Ryan jumped up and ran up to the front and got the microphone. He stood there and smiled really big and then started talking about how he loved his family... and his friends... and playing games... and toys... and fun things... as he kept talking his Mom stood up and quickly began walking up to the podium and Ryan pointed at him mom and Shouted "No Mom! I don't need help! Go Sit Down! Go sit down!" She sat down in the front bench and looked a little tense. He kept talking and she stood up and started up the stairs so he quickly said "in the name of Jesus Christ amen". It was really cute but you could hear lots of  muffled giggling and heads stuffed in their arms from the congregation members. =)  

Anyway I hope you all have a great week!
Love ya all a Billion!
Kayla

P.S. I still haven't heard anything about you guys trying frog eye salad!!!

The worlds most narley canker sore
Sister Betts getting caught kissing a deer

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.