Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Sister Mikayla: Crazy transfer week!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mikayla Bloomquist
Date: Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Well its here! And I can't think of a week where I have felt the spectrum of emotions so strongly all at the same time!

So last Monday I think I told you, but the APs called and asked if we had room for another missionary in our apartment and we said we did but they couldn't tell us anything so we were just wondering what was going to happen. Well I'm getting 2 chillin's tomorrow! I'm excited and nervous. I get to train 2 sisters at the same time, one has been out 6 weeks and the other is right out of the MTC. There are just so many sister missionaries coming out that they can't keep up with opening new areas and having enough trainers so some people get to double up =). So sister Betts is getting transferred out, but she doesn't know where yet, I guess they tell her on Tuesday morning! Missionary work is all about planning for the unexpected! Yay!

On Friday we had exchanges with the Spanish Rifle Hermanas again. This time sister Betts went to rifle and the new sister who replaced Hermana encarnacion (sister Stoeltzing) came to Meeker. She is such an amazing sister and she is so spiritual in this extra happy way!

On Saturday morning Sister Betts and Hermana Tew came back to Meeker for Alexis's baptism. It was such a wonderful experience!

On Sunday Alexis came to church to be confirmed and her mom was with her! We were so so excited for her and so glad that her mom actually came to church! Bishop asked me and sister Betts to play "When I am Baptized" in sacrament meeting and I had to play the guitar so I was nervous for that and the person who was supposed to bring the guitar wasn't there when church started, and everyone was saying goodbye to sister Betts and all the emotions were just crazy, but it was amazing because as church started all of these families who we are teaching who are less active started coming in and we were so happy to see all of the people there and all of the anxious sad emotions were kind of overwhelmed in joy for all the happiness!

So on to the next adventure! And It looks like it will be that way for all of us! Dad that will be an exciting calling good luck with all of it! School will start soon and then back to the routine! It goes so fast and slow doesn't it? I don't think time really exists, it's all a conspiracy!

I hope the granddaughter party was awesome! Its such a fun tradition for the granddaughters (and I hope grandma, if she isn't too stressed =)!)

Tell Jordan and Katie that I love them both when they get back home!

Love you all soo much!

Kayla

P.S. I was eating a hamburger at a members house the other day and it smelled sort of funny and I looked down and the meat was bright red and I felt a little weezy afterward haha- I just put it down and pretended I was full =). [Mom] I thought you would appreciate my sacrifices haha



Sis. Betts doing crazy things in a skirt (as usual)
The Hobbes family (Dylan is in front)
The Gardner's last day before moving
Exchanges w/ Hermana Stoeltzing
Me, Sis. Betts, Alexis, Herm. Tew, Herm. Stoeltzing
Alexis's baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.