Tuesday, October 11, 2011

50 Years in Chile

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elder Jordan
Date: Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 4:28 PM
Subject: geewolinkers

Dear You guys,

I have been contemplating this whole world ending in 2012 thing and I just figured it out.  Eden gets her licence the first month of 2012.  All other drivers will be trying fast to get off the road, and then there will just be total chaos and mayhem.  And then the world will probably just implode or something.  Its just a good thing I will be safe here on the other side of the world for at lease a year longer.

This week was simply delicious we set 5 dates for baptism and I am so excited for them.  They love learning about everything that we teach them and are always thirsty for more.  Also this past weekend was the first part of the celebration of 50 years in Chile.  It took place in our stake center but was broadcast to all of Chile and some other parts of Chile.  Elder Corbridge, Elder Richards and Elder Zapallos of the 70 spoke about misionary work and the need for more missionaries of full time and well with the members.  There was a choir of 40 jovenes that sang beautifully, Come thou fount, The first vision, and a couple others.  This next Saturday is the big Celebration in a stadium of 20,000 seats it will be full.  I am excited for that it will be a moment in history never to be forgotten.

This week many of our appointments have fallen for some reason or another which has given us the chance to look for more people to teach.  We have knocked many a door and it seems to work every one out of 50.  Which has forced us to find people in other ways such as contacts in the streets which I am not very fond of just because I always feel wierd talking while they are not focused and walking away from us.  But I have a goal to contact at the very least 5 people in the street a day and I have notice that as I do I get less and less worried about what people think and more and more worried about what is really important,  with some of the contacts we have done, we have been strongly rejected and others they are very warm and welcoming. I know that maybe it does not get less difficult, but that heavenly father is helping me as I try to do his work. The mission is so wonderful and so much fun.

I love you all so much
Elder Bloomquist

P.S.  Elder Weaver is 6.5

The pictures are of today on P-day going up to San Cristobal with the giant statue of Mary.  Its on the top of a huge hill so you can see all of santiago in every direction.
The Police picture is of police and a bunch of people rioting MAEOR (Mothers against Eden on the Road.)
Just kidding it is a student march and the police are there just to make sure nothing gets out of hand.







No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.