Tuesday, October 25, 2011

From Elder Jordan--To See If Any Flowers Blossom

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elder Jordan...
Date: Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Dear Family,

This week has been getting pretty hot.  I am still trying to decide if I like hot or cold weather better. This week we have been working with two ladies in specific, Fanny and Nelly.  Fanny is a 50 year old lady that has 5 children but they have all moved out, or they are in prison.  So almost every day she is at home all alone.  The first time we taught her we just did it on her front porch.  And the second time her son from Puente Alto was there.  She is a great lady and reads every thing we ask her to read, she asks questions and wants to learn but she doesn´t feel like she is good at praying or getting answers to her prayers.  We are working on that with her, and encorage her to keep praying and listening.  The other, Nelly is an 80 year old lady that lives alone with her husband and her dog.  She also is super nice, but we are trying to see if it is just niceness and nothing else.  Her husband is always there listening but always starts with "I´m just here with my wife but I am not interested in any of this" in which later he always participates in the lessons.  We will keep working with them to see if any flowers blosom.  

I liked all of your costumes, Mom and Dad I didn´t see yours and I remember someone saying that you couldnt go to the harvest party if you weren´t wearing a costume.  It´s weird seening everyone dressed up again,  I have pictures of all of you that I carry around from last years harvest party.  

So 9 weeks till Mikayla goes to school, thats nuts, compleatly nuts I tell you. 

I would like to end this week by just saying Mom and Dad thank you for always setting a good example for us and supporting us and helping us grow.  I have just realized how much I sometimes take for granted.  My companions' parents just got divorced and he has always had a difficult relation with his dad, ever since he was little.  So thank you.

I love you all,
Elder Bloomquist

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.