Monday, October 3, 2011

I Blinked and The Time Was Gone

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elder Jordan...
Date: Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 4:01 PM

Dear Bloomin Bloomers,

Last week one year ago I was preparing my bags to head into the MTC.  I blinked and the time was gone.  The mission is such a wonderful experience and I look forward to serving another year in the work of the lord.  I loved conference weekend so much,  learned many lessons in ways that I need to better shape up.  This week we havn´t had a grand quantity of lessons that we have been teaching with investigatiors, so we have been trying to find new people to teach as well as encourage the less actives to return to church.  

Sunday night after general conference we had planned to go to a contact that we had done a few days before.  We got to the house about 8:30 as they were just getting ready for bed.  We asked if we could just come in super quickly and share a brief but very important message.  They seemed hesitant but then let us in they agreeded.  We came in sat down asked how they were doing and everything and then got to the point, but at the moment we were to start a very loud verbal fight broke out right out side the window.  We began the lesson with a prayer, as the fight raged on.  We ended the prayer and the fight did not stop but it seemed to slowly be drown out by the spirit as we were able to converse about the restored gosple of Jesus Christ and the Book of Mormon, we felt the spirit very strongly there and decided to invite them to be baptised the 29th of October.  They both accepted, it was one of the most beautiful and spiritul moments of my whole mission. 

Oh man I love you guys so much. Hey so I was thinking, when I get back conference will be the next weekend, would that not be cool if we all went to the conference center.  I don´t know, just think about it.

Hey so the pictures:
--Mom you said to see how tall my companion was you wanted pictures of my feet.  Well here they are...thats kind of weird though I don´t know why you would want that.  Ha ha ha ha ha. Oh man I crack myself up sometimes.
--The other picture with the yellow shirts that actually is how tall he is,  I don´t know if I already told you but both of our names are Jordan as well as my trainners name, so he is Jordan the third.
--And the last one is Elder Palmer,  the moment he came through the door I gave him a huge hug.

Have a scrumptious week.

LOVE YOU ALL
LOVE ELDER BLOOMQUIST





No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.