Wednesday, June 6, 2012

From Elder Jordan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jordan
Date: Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Dear Bloomers,
     It has been another wonderful week here up in San José.  I want to thank you for the quotes you all sent.  I love quotes.  In fact I was reading in my journal this morning.  And I found a cool one that I forgot about.  "The lord does not care about your ability or your inability, he cares about your avalibility, and when you prove your dependability, he will bless you with capability." - Neil A. Maxwell  I have noticed that, that is a very true statement.  Every night we plan for what we are going to do the next day,  then we pray to know if what we planned was what we are supposed to do.  If we recieve a confirmation then we follow through with the plan.  Lately those for who we have planned are not in there houses and I feel confused on why we recieved the confirmation then.  But everytime that happens we make sure to knock all the doors around that house and talk with everybody in the near vicinity,  and every time we have found someone to teach or someone to help, or someone that was waiting for us to pass by.  My testimony grows greater everyday in the knowledge of an all powerful being that loves us imensly.  He knows exactly where he wants us to be and always has a plan for us.  If we follow the spirit we can never go wrong.
   It is getting cold up here again, it froze last night and everything was covered in white.  It was beautiful.  The last couple evenings we have had intencely majestic sun sets, the most beautiful that I have ever seen in my life.
  Yesterday we went to visit a lady that is sick in our branch, up at the hospital.  Let me tell you, it is a blessing and a privaledge to live where we live.  The hospital here is just a big long cordor, it is dim and the walls are scratched and pilling there are about three or four patients in each room.  The cabnents are broken and there are all kinds of things stuffed inside, from broken glasses to old bread.  It was neat to visit the hermana and talk to her for just a bit.  We gave her a Book of Mormon to read for all the time that she is there.
   On friday, we held a Talent night that we have been planning for 3 weeks now.  It was wonderful,  there were dancers, singers,  story tellers, a play, I played the guitar, my companion played the piano.  When we started almost everyone that said they would be there and share a talent, wasn´t there so we had to improvise a little bit and ask everyone that was there to think of something to share and we pulled it all together.
  The days keep getting better.  And I am perfectly happy and content.
I love you so so much
Elder...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.