Tuesday, June 26, 2012

From Jordan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jordan
Date: Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Der Fumly ...,
             The time groweth short till we shall once again embrace... and pummel and squish.  But we do not focus in those things very much.  This week has been fantastic,  and everyday I fall more and more in love with Chile.  I would concider myself an Idahilean.  Half de Idaho the other de Chile.  This week has rained and then the next day was a sunny day with 70 degree weather. 
    Yesterday we had a sector slam up here in the Cajón.  So there were about 20 missionaries walking around this little pueblo, we got a lot of references and so we now have a whole bunch more work to do. 
  I don´t know if I already told you but sometimes we hitch hike up here, just because our sector is so huge and the buses pass only every once in a while.  The people here are so trusting and amable.  The other day we hitch hicked with this guy, and he stopped real quick to buy a drink and left us in the car with it running.  In what other part would you leave your car running with two strangers sitting in there that you picked up off the side of the road. 
  President Laycock leaves next week, and tomorrow we are going to have a big noche de hogar with the whole mission.  It´s going to be hard because I just can´t picture the mission with out him.  I know that the next president has been called of God so everything I think will turn out fine.
   Also this past week I had the oportunidad to go the the sealing of one of my friends here.  He was a missionary and finnished about 6 months ago, started dating and married to a girl from here.  It was such a cool experience, but I was so nervous the whole time and I wasn´t even the one getting married.  I think I will have to buy some crutched for when it is my turn so I can support myself when my knees give way.  It seemed kind of crazy the grandness of what was taking place.  Dad were you nervous that day? 
  I liked the pictures of the smores, I cooked some marshmellows on our stove the other day.  YUmmmmmmmm. 
Les Amo más que los porotos son chilenos, Tu hijo y hermano
Elder ...

Los fotos
My friend comming out of the temple
The view from my back porch
My dog lisa, she is a stray but follows us EVERYWHERE
Walking to a cita, visit
The sun rise in the morning

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.