Monday, June 11, 2012

From Jordan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jordan
Date: Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Dear Fams
    How be the summer,  it looks like yall are haveing a blast.  I laugh every time I see pictures of you, I just think yup thats my family and I am so proud of that.  
   This week was great,  instead of finding and teaching many people this week we have tried to focus more on those investigators that are really progressing.  I am so happy 4 weeks ago we knocked on a ladies door, she said she had talked with the misionaries awhile ago, but that it was really late and if you could not come back some other day.  We thought that is normal,... kind but rejection.  We passed by igual, and she has actually been progressing much.  Yesterday we watched part of the restoration with her and I could just feel the spirit throbing in the room.  She asked us afterward if she could come to church on Sunday and who,  baptises and how it works.  Needless to say, when we left and were far enough away from her house that she couldn´t see us we did a little jiggy.  I still have a permagrin just thinking about it.
  I also had an observation while we were walking to an investigators house,  here it gets dark around 6 so we are always walking in the forest in the dark.  So we invested in some flashlights.  The thing I notice is that when I shined the flashlight right at my feet, I could see where I was in the very moment but I had no idea what was about to happen next.  Verces shining it far ahead of me I could see everything around me.  It was the same amount of light but the difference was the direction in which it was pointed.  I feel like it is the same in life.  The Atonement of Christ is made availible to every person to ever live, he is the light of the world.  but the way you appy it in you life makes all the difference.  I feel so privaleded to be out here learning about it more and more everyday and help others as well have the same opportunitiy I am experiencing.
Les amo mas que los porotos son Chilenos.
Elder ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.