Tuesday, February 28, 2012

From Mikayla

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mikayla
Date: Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 5:11 PM
To: Dad
...
This week someone gave me a backpack, which was really nice and appreciated because I usually kill my back just trying to haul around half of my stuff, now I won't have to rush back to my apartment to get everything before I go to class and I can use the time to actually glean some knowledge from studying.

So Tessia, Mackenzie, and Me are trying out for I-COVER under the band name A Blonde, A Brunette, and A Redhead... I know clever right? We are going to sing a cover to arms by Christina Perry.

I did a lot of creeping this week and I think people are going to start recognizing me and I won't ever get married then! Dang it! So for Tessia's class me Tesh and Kenzie went to the MC and stared at people in the private study rooms and Tessia had to write down what there reactions were (they would usually half smile, look down, wait a few seconds, look back up, make a confused face and then pretend that we weren't there.) For my class i had to watch someone for 10 min and record what they did and guess what there major was and such and  then interview them ( we didn't have to tell them that we were creepin on em). 

Creeping is fun... but sometimes it makes me feel like a creep, as it should!

So did you guys figure out what to do on Saturday or did you just end up cleaning all day? I mean cleaning does have it's virtues so this is a non-judgment question!

Have a super week love ya!

Mikayla

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mikayla
Date: Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 6:07 PM
To: Mom

Good Evening,

Just came to write you a little letter. I actually came and sat on the couch and was about to write you a letter and then I fell asleap with my head back and started snoring and woke myself up.

I am so proud of myself for keeping track of my time and money, it really destresitizes things. Its been pretty windy up here, but besides that it's been getting a li'l warmer. 

I told dad already but me and Tessia and Mackenzie are trying out for icover, I'm going to play the guitar, Tessia is going to do the melody and piano and Mackenzie is going to Harmonize. It will be fun even if we don't make it. Or maybe we will become famous, one of the two. 

So we went to this show and these two hipster girls sang Dee Da Dee da doe da doe doe (that song from robin hood) They were awesome! They had kazoo's and ukelelies and a mini guitar, it was super fun to listen too! I really want to learn it, but it just wouldn't be the same, I will have to find some other song to play thats almost as cool! Any suggestions? 

They have a lot of free shows here and it's super cool! How did your guys's non-work party go? Oh and I remembered the name of the game, it's called NERTZ. IT's fun, the more people there are the more fun it is as well!

Have you a wonderful week! Love you!

Mikayla

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.