Monday, July 23, 2012

From Elder Jordan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elder Jordan
Date: Thu, Jul 23, 2012

Dear Family,
       This has been a good week, we continue finding new people that are falling out of the woodwork.  And they are progressing as well.  I have found the best method of finding new people to teach is working with the members, helping them feel involved and haveing them give us references.  On thursday we had zone class and I got the shirt you sent me.  Day made right there.  My favorite color and everything. Briliant I tell you Genious I say.
The weather has been crazy here, a couple of days ago it was 80 degrees outside and these last couple days it has been around 40. Definantly bipolar.
We had a Family Home Evening on Saturday with a less active family and almost all of the kids in the neighbor hood.  There was one kid 12 years old.  That spoke perfect spanish and english. It was fun to talk to him.  But for some reason it is always super hard for me to speak english to latinos, my brain just spits out spanish so it ends up in a mix of mostly giberish.
  We have had some cool experiences working with the ward list.  We contacted a house trying to find a lady, the person that came out said that the person no longer lived there.  But that she was baptised a long time ago and was trying to find a way to come back to church but she didn´t know how.  God works in marvoulous ways,  he knows perfectly each one of his children.
    There are a couple members here in my ward that were the first to be baptised here in Chile.  It is cool to hear there stories of how they have seen the church grow.  
  Today we had a Barbaque on top of a twenty story building.  WHeph that is a fantastic view.  You could probably see for miles if it weren´t for the smog, but still in credible.

I love ya giante heaps of lots amounts,
Elder ...
A suit I found here
My Birthday shirt
Me and my companion 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.