Tuesday, January 10, 2012

From Elder Jordan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elder Jordan
Date: Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Mi hermosa familia,
      This week has been swell, very busy.  On tuesday president told the whole mission to stay in their house and deep cleen, very deep clean, including painting, getting rid of greese stains and all other sort of wonderous types of things.  He told us to wake up, don´t do exercises don´t study,  don´t go eat lunch with the members.  Just clean until it is done.  Needless to say our house is now emaculate ha ha.  We repainted, scrubed till our fingers were raw and sorted and organized. 
   Wednesday we got permission to go to the temple,  and it was really amazing it has been almost a year since I last went and this time I understood every word.  It is a funny thing learning a language sometimes you get down on your self because you don´t think you know it that well and then when you have something to measure your progress, it opens your eyes a little bit more.
  Friday we had a leadership meeting with president, he showed us a clip of the mens 4*1 swimming relay in the olympics of 2008 he talked about preparation, endurance, and strengh, but most of all he talked about  belief and will.  In this race the american team, everyone was saying, was fast.  But the French team was going to blow them out of the water.  In each sprint, the americans were behind about 3 to 4 feet.  Until the last swimmer Jason Leezac got in the water,  he was behind the whole time until at the end he sped up and barly won by a couple hundreths of a second.  He actually beat his own personal best by a whole second.  Which in short distances like these is lightning.   President continued by saying our faith and our will is an incredible thing, we just need to make sure we are investing it in the right places.  Which reminds me of a tight quote I can´t remember who said it but it goes like this.  "Whether you think you can or you think you can´t, you´re right."   To answer your question about district leader, there isn´t really a time limit.  I´m here till they kick me out ha ha.  But I love it so I´m hoping thats not to soon.
Mikayla school is so fun, looks like you already found that out.  I know it will be so totally wicked in a righteous type of way. 
  I will think about Dallas´s question and email you about it next week.
My shoes haven´t gotten here yet but I am hoping on this friday,  I dost gotst me fingas crosst.  The faithfull boys that I have on right now are still holding true.  So no worries yet.
 This week is going to be AWESOME I just know it!!!
I love you all a billion times over
Love Elder ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.