Tuesday, January 31, 2012

From Jordan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jordan 
Date: Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Hey ma Middletonites,
           How are you all doing,  still hott as ever here but the work is progressing as well.  We knocked a LOT of doors this week.  Which I would have to say I love,  I got to know my companion much better, the things he likes and all about his family.  He is from South California, Sandiego.  He was working as an EMT before the mission and is going to study for being a fire fighter when he gets back,  so we have been talking about that a lot,  because that is something that really interests me, forest fire fighting more than nothing.  For quite some Sundays we havn´t been able to get investigators to come to the church with us.  But this sunday two came that are of gold, their names are Ramon and Mauricio,  sometimes when we go to visit them we catch them reading the book of mormon.  Ramon is about 50 years old and from what he has said seems like he has had a life of partying and is looking for a change in life.  I hope he can find that here. 
  We have a new roommate, his name is Elder Zapatas and he if from Bolivia, he is super super cool and is trying to learn english, it is funny sometimes the things he says, when he is trying to speak english, his accent is most of it, it makes me think what we sound like trying to speak spanish all day.
  Abe that is super cool how you got to fly the air plane did you spin into a nose dive and then everyone parachute out at the last minute.  That would definantly be awesome.
  Today for P-day we got together as a zone and cooked pancakes and then watched 17 Miracles it is a newer movie about the pioneers, and is incredible, talking about the many miracle the occured durning the passing of the Wille handcart company.  It just made me think twice about complaining about any of the physical trials that I have in my life, compared to them I have none.
Hope ya hoodalems have a handy dandy week, love ya all
Elder ...

A Sweet Grafiti
My Zone
Elder Weaver and I...
...with Richard and Lisset, Investigators
Elder Zapatas?
Birtday of Jesús, he is a little boy in our ward

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.