Friday, January 6, 2012

"My Little Baby's All Grown Up, and...and Savin' China"

Wednesday night Abe helped me set the table and we realized that we could move the table closer to the wall because we're down to six place settings. It wasn't a fun realization--Abe was doing the frowny face but our permanent occupancy is definitely dwindling.

Fred and I left a little after 5AM Monday morning to take Mikayla down to BYU-I. We spent the day moving her in and doing all of the shopping that accompanies getting set up on your own and following her I-Group around to the different activities. The highlight for me was the President's welcome which was held in the I Center auditorium which was modeled after the conference center (only seats 500 less). I love the spirit that accompanies those addresses. It makes leaving a child behind bearable. We felt the same when we took Jordan down.

Mikayla was overwhelmingly excited and socially drained by the time we went back to our hotel that night so we finished up everything the next day, Fred and I dragging it out to the bitter end and being the ultimate clingy parents. We did get to go to the Rexburg temple while we were there which was such a blessing and helped us feel perspective, but saying goodbye isn't any fun!

We have all been missing our Angel Maid. We have spent the past few days taking down Christmas and reorganizing our home. Everyone has been a bit dependent on Eden to "fill in the gap", which she is working so hard at. Wednesday she helped me work most of the day--offered to take Olive and the twins on a walk, went on their scavenger hunts and helped me with dinner without being asked to do any of it. She is usually my little bedroom hermit so I was quite proud of her and grateful for her support. It has ebbed my emotions numerous times during these transitory days, while missing my girl......and boy.

Mikayla has called or texted or chatted with us several times every day. We hope our needy selves don't inhibit her studies, which she is already heavily immersed in on day 3. There is nothing like college to test your swimming skills.=) She's fresh, so at the moment she's loving the mental laps and she already has a date for a weekend with a boy she met in the bookstore, where they were both looking for pictures of Christ. Cute. We're so excited that she is having fun and being blessed to keep learning. That is such a privilege!

Mikayla's Kitchen
Mikayla's Bedroom
Mikayla's Apartment Complex
Mother/Daughter 
Father/Daughter
Parting Shot
The Bed and Breakfast Fred and I Stayed at
Rexburg Temple
Furniture Covers, decorating in progress
 and a new arrangement for a New Year


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mikayla
Date: Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Oh My goodness! I love the arrangement!  Why did you guys not think of this before? I am so glad that Eden is being the amazing girl she is! Keep at it Eden! Your the oldest now! You guys looked like you were having sooo much fun! Sorry about the choppy call, our apartment isn't good for Skype. As for school, it's not so bad! People are always doing homework but everyone just kinda plays and works at the same time... which means yes we are always doing homework, but we are also having lots of fun! It's not so bad, they jump right into stuff the first day, so it's kinda like having a full time job.

So I've been trying to take your advice dad, I have been slacking a little because yesterday was my full day and i was doing school work from like 8 to 12 (this includes me and Tessia esprkinin Spanish for a few hours and throwing insults out to each other and playing Mario Kart (I lost every time because everyone just tried to kill me) and then hanging out with some really funny people like a guy we call chow how apparently got kicked out of china for not being communist enough and got sent to the "evil America" haha he is so funny. Anyway, you guys sound like your partying it up! Keep doin it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.