Tuesday, January 24, 2012

From Elder Jordan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elder Jordan
Date: Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Buenaaaa Cabros locos,
   Today is the begining of a new change and I have the privalage of staying in my same sector I am sad my previous companion Elder Weaver left.  We were together for almost five months,  and he was and still is an awesome friend and companion.  My new companion is Elder Chumbley from California, he is actually half Phillipino because his mom was born and raised in the Phillipians.  This week has been very good, the last week with Elder Weaver, and we did a lot of knocking again.  I have come to find that I love knocking, it is a good time to talk and get to know your companion and you have the opportunity to get to know and meet people in all stages of life.  The other day we were knocking and we were running into all kinds of excuses, some of them made me laugh just because they were so out there, people saying oh umm... we can´t we are watching TV right now or no we are too busy, we can´t talk about Christ during the day but don´t worry we read the Bible at night time.  People really said these things, silly people tricks are for kids.  President has encoraged us to be much more bold and so we have been trying to do that, sometimes we have even invited people to be baptised in the first five minutes that we were talking to them.  I never would have dremt of doing that at the begining of my mission, I would have been way to frightened, but I feel the more I learn about God and his plan for his Children, the more  I feel more confident to spread this message with everyone. 
   Yesterday after lunch we were on our way home to do our companion study but we felt we should pass by a contact that we had done earlier that week,  when we yelled at the house we could here a lot of people in the house laughing loudly and talking and one of them we could here say, "mom your boy friends are here".  A shady looking guy opened the door and let us in.  There were quite a few people inside,  they asked us to sit down and told us they were kind of busy and to just teach the kids, we invited them but they played it off and motioned to there kids we started off with a prayer and then went into the plan of salvation and the book of mormon.  At the first of the visit I felt like we had made a mistake and that we should probabley leave,  but by the end of our visit the adults along with most of the children were listening intently and asking questions about the book and when sunday meetings were at.  I am always suprised at the things I take for granted that captivate other people and the power of it.  Sooooooooooooooooo coool.
I hope you have a beautiful week and lots more snow.
Love ya lots
Elder ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated on this blog which may mean a brief intermission before the comment shows up on the page.